Saturday, June 23, 2012

Upcoming Convention Gigs

I'm getting ready to shove off for Tempe Arizona and it occurred to me you might like a preview of where I'll be showing up this summer.

Next week I'll be the guest of ConSimWorld Exo out in Tmpe Arizona. (I'll be there late Monday the 25th through Thursday the 28th, with the 19th a travel day.) I'll be giving two talks out there, one on the Battle of Borodino in 1812 and the second my thoroughly revisionist take on Alexander's conquest of the Persian Empire.

In July I'll be at Historicon in Fredericksburg, Virginia from Thursday the 19th through Sunday the 22nd. No lectures there, just a number of games, including a couple rounds of Men Under Fire (which will be released at the show -- it just went to the printer) and two spectacular Mars Needs Steam games I'll be running with Tom Harris and Christin Sciulli. Tom and I will have a couple new vehicles, Christin's making a Victorian female hussar outfit just for the show, and Glenn Kidd's made some custom terrain which will make this the best-looking game we've run so far. Lots of pictures to come from that show.

In late August early September I'll be the guest of Celesticon out in San Francisco over the Labor Day weekend. I'll be there from Friday the 31st through Monday the 3rd with a nice busy schedule. I'll be doing a join panel on the Battle of Borodino with Dana Lombardy, giving my Alexander and the Persians talk again, I'll also be running a Men Under Fire game and a Mars Needs Steam game, with local assistance from Rich Schuldt and the loan of figures and terrain from his collection. I saw them last year and they really are spectacular.

Plan to stop in and say hi if you're in the area.

8 comments:

  1. Man, and this year is the first time in four years that I can't make it to Historicon.

    This sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be running it twice at Fall In in November if you can make that.

      Delete
  2. I hope that Celesticon will record and post the panel discussions, I really enjoyed the ones from last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure they will. As far as I know that is their standard policy.

      Delete
  3. Frank, Won't be able to make it to H-Con either, can you let us know how much Men Under Fire will be selling for so I can have a friend who IS going get it for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason, sorry I missed this but hope your pal picked up the bgame for you. It sells for $30.00 and I'm very happy with how it came out.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for a great game Saturday morning and introducing me to a great game world/mythos. I just got the Temple of the Beastmen game to try with my kids and high school rpg club and hope to get a group playing the RPGs. I am already thinking about a game for next year and was wondering, has anyone brought Cossack and/or Plains Indians to Mars? I love to mash themes together and mixing the Western and Ottoman frontiers together with the Martian frontier seems natural to me.
    Again, thanks for your time,

    Steve. Braun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, Really glad you enjoyed it. Cossacks would almost certainly have accompanied the Russian military to Mars, and I would be surprised if there were not a few Indians with an American expedition. One of the factions we're putting together for a future game is a band of desperados, complete with "War Wagon," and a unit of Plains Indian light horse might be just the ticket to round it out.

      Delete